Drug and alcohol treatment is different for each individual. As an aspect of our various treatment programs, The Counseling Center supplies Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Roswell area individuals. This beneficial approach helps some people control withdrawal symptoms and curb cravings that tempt them to use again. Under the guidance of our expert clinicians, you can obtain medication treatment to help you progress in your recovery and fulfill your goals of sobriety.
How Does Medication-assisted Treatment Work?
Medication-assisted treatment utilizes FDA-authorized medications to diminish the symptoms and compulsions of alcohol and drug addiction. We are aware that withdrawal effects and cravings are rough and make it hard to prevail over addiction.
We combat your compulsions with medications such as Suboxone and Vivitrol. Our credentialed medical team will collaborate with you to figure out your appropriate medication and dosage. As you undergo MAT in Roswell, we track how you respond to the medication to make sure you suffer no detrimental side effects and you continue to receive the treatment as prescribed.
Medication-assisted treatment is most beneficial when integrated with therapy, peer support, and established sober habits. The Counseling Center in Roswell is proud to provide this comprehensive degree of support. We combine medical and mental health care to attend to the ”entire you” and battle drug and alcohol addiction on all fronts to provide a greater opportunity for recovery.
Medication-assisted Treatment With Suboxone And Vivitrol
The Counseling Center makes use of prescription medicines including Suboxone and Vivitrol to stave off urges and relapse while going through recovery for substance use. Here are a few reasons why we turn to these medications for MAT near Roswell.
- Daily oral medication for opioid addiction
- Obstructs brain receptors to halt cravings
- Acceptable to take long-term under competent Medical guidance
- Minimal possibility of addiction
- Injection administered monthly for addiction to opiates or alcohol
- Inhibits the brain from experiencing the endorphin rush from alcohol or drug use
- Acceptable for extended use under authorized medical guidance
Why We Provide MAT In Roswell
Offering Medication-assisted treatment in Roswell is just one way The Counseling Center emphasizes individualized care. For a number of individuals, mitigating cravings caused by addiction provides an extra leg up in recovery, and we are driven to find strategies that lead to a life of sobriety.
MAT offers many potential benefits for drug or alcohol recovery:
- Reduces withdrawal
- Ends cravings
- Helps prevent relapse and overdose
- Gives you the chance to hone in on recovery
- Provides a greater likelihood of enduring recovery
- Provides a treatment option that fits into your everyday life